Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dear DJ In My Head...

Dear DJ In My Head,

I don't want to seem ungrateful.  I'm happy to have you in my head when I'm waiting at the DMV or at a doctor's office.  But we need to have a serious talk about the music you play when I am trying to fall asleep at night.

I wouldn't mind so much if you played a song that I love and want to listen to over and over again.  But when you choose an obsure song that will not stop playing no matter what I do, it gets to be annoying.

Let's take last night for example.  I was exhausted.  The kids were sound asleep.  Hubby was sound asleep.  I finally get into bed, find a comfy position and close my eyes.  But instead of sweet slumber, what do I hear?   The song "Break Out" by Swing Out Sister circa 1987, playing over and over again in my head!  I haven't heard this song in years!  A decade even!  I tried everything I could to get it to stop, but I failed.  After at least 20 long minutes of it playing non-stop, I finally fell asleep, only to wake up with it playing right where it left off.   I still can't get it out of my head.

So DJ, take some pity on me.  Tonight, can you play me something soothing that will slip me into a peaceful sleep?  Mozart?  Bach?   I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment